In Other Life there are many special days, some for good, and some for ill. This page will present you with the game text in italics and a chance to fully understand the benefits/hazards of each day.
These days will give you an advantage.
Day of Aleksei Stakhanov
English: Extra experience for harvesting.
Role Playing: Aleksei Stakhanov is in the town today, teaching harvesters how to harvest resources more effectively. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksei_Grigorievich_Stakhanov for more info about him.
Day of Faster Respawns
All the creatures that respawn today have a shorter respawn time.
- Respawn time is reduced. This is a good day for training combat skills.
Day of Half Cooldowns
Today all cooldowns are half of the normal duration.
Day of Joker
Today Joker wants to be found! Twice the chance he'll give you a hint as to where he's at and better prizes!
Day of Joule
English: Half the food for manufacturing/potion/etc. skills
Role Playing: Today we celebrate James Prescott Joule. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Prescott_Joule for more info on who he was and what he did
- What does this mean to you? Everything you do in the Manufacturing window requires but half the food costs. Altough if you fail the mixing the food consume is the normal amount.
Day of Magic
Today you gain extra magic experience.
- Magic cannot be trained in a school, so this is the day to gain magic experience. Air Essences for Mana Drain Spell, Life Essences for Life Drain Spell and Matter Essences for Shield Spell are in high demand, as is Potion of Spirit Restoration.
Day of Mana
Today you get more mana from potions.
- Mana from potions is increased by 50%: Potions of Mana give 7 instead of 5 Ethereal Points (EP), Potions of Spirit Restoration give 30 instead of 20 EP, and Potions of Extra Mana give 75 instead of 50 EP.
Day of No Grief
English: Lower chances of weapons and armors break today (in combat).
Role Playing: Today our planet is passing through an area in our universe where the electromagnetic law is slightly different, and this is causing the armors, weapons and clothes to break less often for the duration of this day, from normal combat.
Day of Print
English: Today there is a chance that once you read a book you will instantly assimilate the knowledge.
Day of Recycling
English: 5% chance of not losing the ingredients while using the manufacture window
Role Playing: Today we use the resources in a more efficient way, allowing for better production of items and animals.
Day of Robin Tell
The legendary Robin Tell is visiting us today, and all the ranging exp gets bonuses!
Day of Schools
Today if you use a school, you get extra exp (instead of 2 times).
Day of Summoners
Extra summoning experience.
Day of Sun Tzu
English: Extra experience for attack and defense.
Role Playing: Sun Tzu is in town, teaching people about how to be better at killing others.
English: 5 health points restored every minute, regardless of food level.
Role Playing: Today it is Aluwen's birthday, so everyone get their health restored much, much faster.
Increased Rare Manufacturing Day
English: Increased rate of producing a better product today while creating items (manufacture, alchemy, etc.).
Role Playing: All the gods that patron manufacture related skills are happy, so that might reflect in your today's production of items.
No Drops Day
No items drop when players or creatures die.
No Player Drop Day
English: No items drop when players die.
- When a player dies, no items are dropped. Creatures drop death bags normally.
English: Today, there is a chance that when you use an item, it will not disappear from your inventory.
Role Playing: For reasons unknown to us, perhaps a time space anomaly, some items do not disappear after being used.
Scholars Day English
More experience in any skill, cumulative with the gods exp.
Role Playing: A group of scholars is visiting our lands, spreading knowledge all over.
These days give you a negative effect.
Acid Rain Day
English: Each minute you spend outside when it rains, there is a chance for the items you WEAR to get damaged and disappear.
Role Playing: Our scientists have discovered an increase in the acidity of the rain, due to the increased pollution from the dwarf and gnome factories. Anyone being hit by the rain might lose some of the items they wear.
- If you ever see this day (it is nearly always removed in minutes), just do not wear anything. You are safe inside (including caves, so harvest minerals).
Day of Fasting
English: No eating during the daytime today. Yeah, I know, you hate us.
Role Playing: Today is the day when we pay respect to our gods, whether we respect them or not :D
- What does this mean to you? It means you're ability to research will cease to exist, your ability to mix will rapidly end, and your ability to regenerate material/ethereal points ends with that hunger counter hitting 0. What can you do? Harvest, Cast Spells, Drink Potions (other than Feasting), Combat, and of course Chat with folks.
Day of More Grief
English: Higher chances of items breaking today.
Role Playing: Today our planet is passing through an area in our universe where the electromagnetic law is slightly different, and this is causing the armors, weapons, tools and clothes to be slightly weaker, thus increasing their chance to break.
English: No #beam me up.
Role Playing: Umm.. Scotty has to take his cat to the vet today, so he can't beam you up.
English: Today, if you are out at daytime, you lose 2 hp/minute.
Role Playing: Our scientists have noticed a solar activity increase, so the UV rays and the solar wind are going to cause damage to all living beings (Isla Prima not affected). We recommend staying indoors during the daytime.
- This day should remind you not to leave your char outside AFK for hours. Note that with the Fast Regeneration Cape you are safe, as long as your food level is positive (you will even regenerate slowly).
These days can be considered good as well as bad, depending on your focus.
Day of Hoarding
English: No items drop when players die and players can't drop any items into bags.
- Similar to No Player Drop Day, except a player also cannot place any items in a bag. During this day in order to remove items from your inventory you either have to store, sell, trade, mix or break them. Be careful if you are wearing a pack; if it breaks you will not have any option to move until the end of the day, unless another player helps you.
Day of Invasions
The invasions last longer, are harder, and have a higher chance to happen.
Day of Murphy
English: ALL the failures are critical (ingredients lost)
Role Playing: Anything that can go wrong, will. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murphy's_law
Day of Stronger Animals and Monsters
All the animals and monsters that respawn today get an a/d bonus.
Day of the Brave
English: No fleeing from combat today (not even with diss rings).
Role Playing: Today everyone is so brave, so that no one can flee from a fight. So all the fights are to death.
Day of the Dead
English: This day, there is a random chance that when an entity dies (human or computer controlled) it will respawn full health where it died, without dropping any items.
Role Playing: Mortos has some extra power today, so he will randomly save any living (or undead) being from it's ultimate fate.
- Entities engaged in combat before they died will still be engaged in combat after respawning. You do not get an extra drop.
Decreased Harvesting Events Day
Today there is reduced chance to trigger random harvesting events.
Role Playing: Gaia is pissed off today, she declared that today random events while harvesting will be even more rare.
Decreased Rare Manufacturing Day
English: Decreased rate of producing a better product today while creating new items (manufacture, alchemy, etc.).
Role Playing: All the gods that patron manufacture related skills are mad at j00, so that might reflect in your today's production of items.
English: No harvesting of any kind today.
Role Playing: Today we honor Mother Nature by not stripping her off her resources.
Increased Harvesting Events Day
English: Today there is an increased chance to trigger random harvesting events.
Role Playing: Gaia is happy today, she is granting additional random events to those that harvest today.
English: No manufacturing (anything requiring the mix window) today.
Role Playing: Today we celebrate the labour day, by.., umm not working.
English: No fighting during the daytime today; you can't attack players, animals or monsters, and the animals or monsters won't attack you either.
Role Playing: Today we celebrate life and, as such, we will not fight with each other, nor will we harm any life form.