This will probably be common for all events:
What do I need to take to Events? This choice is entirely up to you but I would recommend that you keep the following on hand:
- Full set of armor (depending on your preference)
- Small Packs
- Rings of Disengagement
- Gatherer Medallion
- A few pieces of food for regenerating Material Points (health)
- Some sets of essences for casting the Teleport to Range and Shield Spells
- If you are a:
- Tank: a decent armor, weapon and shield, medallions (Medallion of Life, Unicorn, Moon, etc., depending on your preference and level), Mirror Cloak (it's not mandatory), and Potions of Attack, Defense, Evasion, Great Healing and Extra Mana
- Fighter: a decent weapon, Stars and Sun Medallions, Body Piercing Cloak (it's not mandatory) and Potions of Attack
- Ranger: Bow and Arrows (you should get a few essences and potions for healing you and fill with arrows)
- Mage: Fast Regeneration Cape and essences for casting Remote Heal Spell. You also can carry some essences for attack spells (Poison, Life Drain, etc.)
- Then you should take enough amount of :
- You must not carry teleport rings
Finally, you should leave some free EMU to carry dropped items.
Events run off special maps that you need to access through a building, the Event house. There are two main ways of getting there:
- From Isla Prima: jump on the White Stone boat. Then move north to use the boat in Lakeside Village at [707,173] and you will be outside the Event house entrance.
- From Valley of the Dwarves (VOTD): click on the statue in the courtyard and you will be transported outside the Event house.
From there you enter the house by the door in Riven Sea, White Stone at [474,17]; however the entrance is limited to players that have at least a combat type skill over 30 (attack/defense/magic/ranging/summoning).
You can return to VOTD by clicking on the sword nailed to the table in the Event house at [98,98].
Events have to be triggered by an Invasion Master (IM), although this will probably change in the future once this function is automated. They run whenever a team approaches an IM to request the event.
Then players must meet in the waiting room. Once the event is triggered players will access or be sent to a special map.
Inside the event
- There is a time limit to complete each event.
- There are no storages inside an event.
- Event maps are player non-drop.
Some events have a cooldown time you will need to wait before you can enter that event again with your character.
There are three different events: Defend The Fort (DTF), Monster Boss Challenge (MBC) and Run The Gauntlet (RTG).
In general, events end if they are completed, or if the time limit to finish is over. In the RTG event, if you die or teleport to you outside the event map there is no way to re-enter the event.
Defend The Fort
- Goal: The goal is that you have a precious individual (Helpless Gnome) inside the fort that you need to protect from the vicious hordes of marauding monsters.
- Joining the Event: Inside the Event house, travel through the middle door, underground passage and you will find yourself in the waiting room.
- Specific information: There are 6 main waves available to the IM with varying degrees of difficulty. Each main wave is approximately 200-300 mobs and a boss.
- Also known as DTF event.
- Cooldown Time: ¿?
- Time: ¿?
- Team: 8 players or more
- Event channel: 666
- Is it allowed to re-enter the event? Yes
- Guide: Beating the DTF Event (by SAWolf)
Monster Boss Challenge
- Goal: The goal when entering this event is to kill as many monsters as possible in 5 minutes bursts. To do that it requires team work.
- Joining the Event: Inside the Event house, travel through the right door, underground passage and you will find yourself in the waiting room. There are four doors in that room: blue, red, green and yellow.
- Specific information: There are 8 waves, each more and more difficult. The highest mobs are Freddy and Troll Night bosses.
- Also known as MBC event.
- Cooldown Time: 5 real life days
- Time: 70 minutes
- Team: preferably 6 players
- Event channels: 667 (MBC Blue), 668 (MBC Red), 669 (MBC Green) or 670 (MBC Yellow)
- Is it allowed to re-enter the event? Yes
- Guide: Beating the MBC Event
Run The Gauntlet
- Goal: The goal is to complete a route of 10 islands. Players have to clear each island to be able to continue to the next one and reach the Balcony located in the last island.
- Joining the Event: Inside the Event house, travel through the left door, underground passage and you will find yourself in the waiting room.
- Specific information: There are four levels: Easy, Medium, Hard and Extreme. Medium and Hard RTG Events have an insivible monster, getting an extra gold coins and experience bonus if the team kills him.
- Also known as RTG event.
- Cooldown Time: 5 real life day
- Time: 60 minutes
- Team: up to 8 players
- Event channel: 500
- Is it allowed to re-enter the event? No
- Guide: Beating the RTG Event